I’m the biggest fan of muffins and I have recently modified one of my favourite healthy banana and chocolate muffin recipes I found on Instagram. They are very easy and quick to make. You can make 12 muffins for the whole week and have them as your snack (as I do). Each muffin has around 100 kcal, 3g of fat, 9g of protein and 25g of carbs.
- 1 mashed ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 egg whites
- 60 g oats
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- shredded coconut or a tablespoon chocolate nibs
- Preheat oven to 176ºC.
- Combine mashed banana, oats and yogurt in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners).
- Place chopped bananas on top of your muffins.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut or chocolate nibs on top.
- Bake 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
You can also add raspberries and blueberries on top or chopped apples. Yummy! Yummy!