If you are starving and you have no time to prepare a proper warm meal from starch, try my 10-minute couscous salad. It’s delicious and healthy, yet quick and easy to make.
- 100g couscous
- 200ml hot low salt vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 50g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- any smoked fish
- 1) Tip couscous into a large bowl, pour over stock. Cover, then leave for 10 mins, until fluffy and all the stock has been absorbed.
- 2) Slice the onions and pepper and dice the cucumber.
- 3) Add these to the couscous, fork through pesto, crumble in feta, then sprinkle over pine nuts to serve.
- 4) Add any smoked fish on top and it’s ready to dig in!