If you like bread, walnuts, chocolate and bananas, you will certainly fall in love with my today’s recipe! Banana chocolate walnut bread tastes amazing with a coffee, tea or any fresh juice. It is also much healthier than what you can usually get from the bakery or supermarket.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ripe banana with yogurt and eggs.
- Add brown sugar and beat until blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
- Combine flour with the rest ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat just until blended.
- Add 1/3 cup minichips and nuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
If you are allergic to nuts, you can skip them and add more chocolate chips. If you are not a big fan of bananas, try blueberries or raspberries. You can also use oats instead of flour and replace brown sugar with stevia.