If you like bread, walnuts, chocolate and bananas, you will certainly fall in love with my today’s recipe! Banana chocolate walnut bread tastes amazing with a coffee, tea or any fresh juice. It is also much healthier than what you can usually get from the bakery or supermarket.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ripe banana with yogurt and eggs.
- Add brown sugar and beat until blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
- Combine flour with the rest ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat just until blended.
- Add 1/3 cup minichips and nuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
If you are allergic to nuts, you can skip them and add more chocolate chips. If you are not a big fan of bananas, try blueberries or raspberries. You can also use oats instead of flour and replace brown sugar with stevia.
22 thoughts on “Banana chocolate walnut bread”
Oh, this sounds wonderful! I was just trying to decide what to have for breakfast and now I SO wish I had something like this in the house already made. It really sounds perfect!
I’m glad to hear that. You also inspire me to be more creative with my breakfast and snacks <3!!!
Homemade banana bread is the best. Yours looks terrific.
I love home made banana bread and your healthy take on it sounds fantastic!
Once you make it, let me know how it tasted :).
YUM! Wish I had a slice of this for breakfast!
Me too. It’s all goooooooooooooone!!
Yum! Always on the hunt for delicious things to nibble on with afternoon tea, will for sure try this!
Love this healthier take on banana bread! It looks fantastic!
Me too and thanks :*
I admit, I’m not a huge bread eater, but this bread recipe may just change my mine altogether. Amazing.
Kay of Pure & Complex
Hihihihi. I don’t really like the bread from my bakery nearby my house so I bake my own super duper healthy bread :D!
I’ve been baking with bananas like crazy lately – this looks wonderful!
Me too. One banana a day is just a must-eat food for me :D!!
Today is clearly a banana day! One of my other blogger friend made banana bread, I posted banana frozen yogurt, and your banana bread is looking wonderful! can’t wait to all!
YES! Banana day is every day here! 😀
Yummmmm… Although I might substitute the banana for something else, like apple or dates. It’s a banaNO from me, I’m afraid 😉
Awwww Ok 🙂
This sounds wonderful! Love that you added the chocolate chips!
I add chocolate chips to everything recently hihi