As I have been working on my thesis and waiting for my knee to heal, I read a few articles on going vegetarian. Being impressed by the benefits of eating fish instead of meat, I challenged myself not to consume chicken, pork or beef for the next two weeks and see whether I feel better or not.
Benefits of eating fish instead of meat:
- Less chance to suffer from asthma
- Omega 3 fatty acids contribute to the health of brain tissue and the retina
- People who consume fish are less likely to suffer from cancer
- Eating fish every week reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Improves blood vessel elasticity
- Lowers blood pressure, blood fats and boosts “good” cholesterol
- Lower risk of developing dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Better eyesight
- Lower incidence of depression (depression is linked to low levels of omega 3 fatty acids in the brain)
- Relieves the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and autoimmune disease
- Reduce the risk of delivering a premature baby
Do you feel like eating more fish now?